Dental Implants: The Top 5 Benefits You Will Notice
Dental implants are one of the most reliable tooth replacement processes. They are rigid, durable, and the risks associated with getting an implant are minimal. Every year, more than 5 million people in the United States go to a dentist to get a dental implant.
The reason is not far-fetched. Dental implants are hard to spot in a set of teeth. They look very natural, and they require very little maintenance. The comfort that comes with getting a dental implant is only second to that of a healthy tooth.
What do dental implants in Gillette, WY look like? Just as the name implies, a dental implant is an artificial root for your tooth buried right inside your jawbone. An artificial tooth is then connected to the tooth for rigidity. There are a lot of advantages that dental implants have over other dental procedures. However, here are some of the noticeable benefits of dental implants;
- Natural Look: Unless you are a dentist in 82716, it is hard to distinguish between a dental implant and an actual tooth. Dental implants are the ideal illustration of “hiding in plain sight.” This is because you might be looking at an implant and end up complimenting the person wearing it for having an excellent natural dentition.Other tooth replacements try to, but they do not blend as perfectly as dental implants will blend with your natural teeth. When the artificial tooth is screwed to the implant buried in your jawbone, your gums will grow around the tooth.Dentures use artificial gum tissue, so it is possible to tell from a distance that a person is wearing artificial teeth. Dental bridges, on the other hand, cause gaps in the teeth. However, with dental implants, no one can tell that you have been to the dentist for a tooth replacement procedure.This natural look will give you confidence when you are in public. You can laugh out loud without any need to cover your mouth.
- Cavity-Free: Everyone dreads a cavity. The pain that comes with it and the additional fact that it disfigures your dentition; no one wants that. The damage that a cavity does to a tooth is permanent. A tooth does not repair itself automatically unless you visit a dentist near you for tooth filling. If the cavity gets too deep into your teeth, it can cause infections and lead to severe health issues. A dental implant is made of titanium, and the crown is coated with zirconia. These materials are too strong to be broken down by tooth-eating bacteria. So your tooth is safe from cavities when you use a dental implant.
- Better Oral Health: Dental implants help to hold your teeth together. Without dental implants, your teeth can shift into the position of the missing tooth, and this can impair your ability to chew or talk. Poor bites can further lead to Temporomandibular Disorder (TMD).
- Convenience: It is hard to pass on the paint that comes with tooth decay. To wear a denture, you will have to be conscious at all times so that it doesn’t fall off. Dentures can also adjust while in the mouth, which will make it evident that you are wearing artificial teeth. However, with dental implants, you do not have to worry about a thing. Your tooth is tightly screwed to the implant, so be rest assured that it will not fall off while you are in the middle of an important discussion.
- Slow Aging: Did you know that tooth loss is one of the reasons why your face sags? How? When adults lose their teeth, the jawbone is absorbed into the body, affecting a person’s face. This effect is the skin sag that makes people appear old. Dental implants are drilled into the jawbone, so they stay intact. A beautiful smile will result in a beautiful face, and dental implants can give you the tooth that you need to have that beautiful smile. Other than making your look attractive, dental implants can also give you an ageless face.
Dental implants last long, and they do not hurt at all. If you want to replace a missing tooth, discuss with your dentist in 82716 to know if you can get an implant.
Visit us at Mountain West Dental. We offer the best quality of care in dental implant placement.